Professionally, I’m a management consultant. I work with high-tech organizations to improve how they manage their product development—to maximize management and technical staff productivity and to improve product quality. I take a pragmatic approach; I don’t care where you are, I’m interested in what you could do for your next steps to improve.
I’m well-known for (and have a lot to say about!) project management, program management, project portfolio management (agile or not), and hiring technical people. My books include:
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Cost or Schedule
- Diving for Hidden Treasures
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects
- Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
Personally, I’m a wife and mother. I’m a 50-something woman (hey, you expected me to tell you!) who has suffered from sudden hearing loss and vertigo since September 5, 2009. This blog is about what I’ve learned and how I’ve helped other people manage their changes—desired or not.
You can reach me by email using the Contact page.